I’ve been thinking about blogging again for a while…
It seems like blogging is one of those things that I think about doing a lot more than actually doing. I could go on and on about what has prevented me from just logging in and blogging (i.e. forgot password, changed e-mail address, lack of inspiration, no time, trying to focus on real life connection and not get sucked into the virtual tube, etc.), but in reality, I woke up with no voice this morning and decided, that’s it. Time to blog.
Yes, this is just another manifestation of the “new leaf” I’ve turned over.
Let me take a moment of your time to describe this new leaf I now dance upon:
1. I stopped drinking coffee this morning, and instead drank black tea.
2. I now live in a mansion in the Marina with 8 other acquaintances (who are now friends) instead of a triplex with 5 BFFs in West Oakland.
3. I ride a 150LX Cherry Red Vespa instead of baby blue Camry Baby that has never let me down.
4. I no longer work as the Customer Service Coordinator for RevolutionFoods. I now work for BrightBytes as the Customer Success Coordinator. Think: RevFoods:Food :: BrightBytes:Technology.
5. I have an iPhone instead of HTC Droid.
6. I use a MacBook Air instead of Toshiba Satellite.
7. I am now a man.
Yes, it was an epic summer, which I will go into detail in my next blogpost (stay tuned!), but in short, the past few months, I would say I’ve been alarmingly productive, lazy, whimsical, grounded, (insert more contradicting adjectives), and where has it taken me? Just 12 miles from where I once lived. I’m a city slickin woman in the greatest city in the world – Huffington Post’s words, not mine.
While everything is so familiar, it is also just so new. Like this blog – sure it’s existed for a couple years and I still want this blog to be a forum of my thoughts and happenings, but gone are the days where it will sit idly and be mere ramblings. Now it will also be more educational!!!! About the world and about POP culture! (look for hyperlinks to articles! **See Above/Below**).
In all seriousness, I’ve realized that blogging is my portal to memory holding. As is Facebook for photos. I have no idea what I think about unless I write it down, and I have no idea what I’ve done unless there is a virtual photo trail on Facebook. I am Generation Y through and through – my brain lies in the internet, and this is just another piece of the puzzle for soon enough all of our brains will lie in the internet. And then the transformation to a collective consciousness will be complete and the world will live as one. But I digress. Maybe I’m getting ahead of myself, and am a little swept up in this start-up tech bubble of SF that is just so progressive, but I kid you not, memory is now stored in completely different ways and I have no idea what has happend from the last blog post until NOW.
I AM ALIVE. now.